JOB SUMMARY:Directs the financial affairs of the organization and prepares financial analyses of operations including financial statements with supporting schedules for the guidance of management. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the Company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with its lending institutions and financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the accuracy of the financial statements. Communicates the external and audit results to the parent company. Promotes a positive attitude toward teamwork, safety, and quality service.
- Develops, analyses, and interprets statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the financial soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Establishes major economic objectives and policies for the Company and prepares reports to the Parent Company which outlines the Company’s past, present, and future operations.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and provides actual vs. budget data to department managers each month.
- Determines short and long term loan requirements, and payment of short and long term loan principal and interest.
- Manages and evaluates the performance of all Accounting staff members.
- Communicates the Change Articles of Incorporation and capital increases.
- Informs senior management of any potential risks which the Company may be exposed to such as tax assessments, violations, insurance coverage, breach of contracts, credit risks, and uncollectable accounts.
- Prepares related duties as assigned by Parent Company.
- Reviews and manages business contracts.
- Provides the organization and management with the appropriate financial and operating information and works closely with other departments on problems involving financial planning and internal controls.
QUALIFICATIONS: (TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION)
- Four-year College Degree in Accounting.
- Seven to ten years of practical experience in general and manufacturing accounting or any combination of experience, education, and training which would provide the level of knowledge, skill, and ability required. A CMA or CPA designation is highly desirable.
- At least three years of previous management or supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer literate in MS Office software (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment while maintaining high ethical standards.
- Must pass a background check including previous employment, education, and credit history.