GenCanna Global, Inc., headquartered in Winchester, KY, is an agribusiness company focused on growing and processing industrial hemp crops to produce quality food ingredients. Agriculture, innovation, wellness and social responsibility combine to form the roots of our corporate culture.
As part of the GenCanna team, our employees experience much more than a rewarding career. In addition to working in an environment that nurtures professional development, our employees participate in personal growth through philanthropic initiatives and community engagement.
To learn more about GenCanna, please visit our website, www.gencanna.com.
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.
GenCanna currently has an open position for full-time Laboratory Technician I at our global headquarters. In this role, the Laboratory Technician works closely with the Lab Manager and Chief Science Officer to ensure the consistency and quality of our ingredients through both in house and third-party testing. This role is also responsible for the testing aspect of compliance with all state and federal regulations.
Laboratory Technician I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect and prepare samples for a variety of analyses.
- Perform analytical testing on samples.
- Operate laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Inspect, and sample product to ensure that all product meets HACCP guidelines.
- Operate in compliance with all company SOPs.
- Provide support to the Research and Development Department.
- Maintain a clean laboratory environment through regular cleaning, including washing of glassware.
- Other duties as assigned and/or necessary due to the dynamic nature of the company and our industry.
- Ability to safely lift and move boxes up to 55 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat and kneel.
- Associates degree with 1-2 years experience in analytical chemistry or related field.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Possess a professional and reliable demeanor.
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail.
- Familiarity with quality management systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 17025, and GFSI, as well as current food and drug regulations (21 CFR 110, 21 CFR 111, 21 CFR 117).
- Experience with LIMS and cGMP systems.
Job Type: Full-time
- analytical chemistry: 1 year (Required)
- Associate (Required)